Rex has over 25 years of Information Technology and Information Security Experience. He is currently the Chief Information Security Officer at Kforce, Inc.
Prior to joining Kforce, Rex worked at Jabil Circuit (19B, 195K employees) for 15 years. There he established a worldwide information security program. Prior to Jabil, Rex worked for 11 years at Hewlett Packard. His leadership experience has spanned over 20 years.
His leadership roles have included: Sr. Director – Information Security, Director – Global Information Security, Director of information Security Assurance, Sr. Information Security Manager, Regional IT Operations Manager, Regional Technology Manager, Site IT Manager, Sr. IT Engineer,
Some Accomplishments include:
- Established and chair Information Security and Privacy Council
- Significantly increased Cyber program maturity utilizing the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Established worldwide Information Security Program
- Setup and staffed a Security Operations Center in Malaysia that included 24X7 support.
- Secured over 75K devices around the world.
- Lead Enterprise wide Information Security Program
- Established Security governance, risk and compliance; architecture, engineering, operations, and access management
- Established employee and executive Security Awareness and Training programs
- Lead the company’s Computer Incident Response Team
- Established Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program
- Developed Security strategy, Roadmaps, Security Capability Maturity Models, and company security policies
- B.A. in Management Information Systems from Boise State University.
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- ITIL Foundation certified
Security Experience at Jabil included:
Managed information security strategies, objectives, and roadmap. Led development and management of complex global information security program, IT business continuity planning and disaster recovery, incident response (CIRT), and information security deviation processes. Developed and implemented leading-edge security policies, security awareness and training activities, governance, and risk strategies. Designed and executed risk management and security patch management solutions to allow for rapid response to security incidents occurring anywhere worldwide. Oversaw policy compliance. Responsible for global information security program, including security program management, security engineering and security operations. Directed security policy and controls, programs, and processes. Managed merger and acquisition activity and divestiture activity to ensure appropriately controlled and decommissioned information assets and information protection. Led security consulting and policy interpretation. Developed and managed multimillion-dollar budget.
IT Leadership Experience at Jabil:
Collaborated with general managers to direct full-functioning IT infrastructure and operations at all U.S. sites. Hired, trained, and developed cross-functional regional technology teams of network, system, and database engineers as well as programmers and business analysts. Led a team of 45 IT professionals and managed a budget of $12,000,000. Continuously drove added value and integration of IT into business at large through increased operational metrics performance, improved automation, and faster focus uptime. Fostered more effective relationships and communications with business development teams and operations teams. Enabled sites to better manage corporate requirements and provide valuable input to global IT strategies.
Delivered and led multi-site IT service across all network and system engineering, desktop support, database administration and analysis, and development functions. Optimized and expanded IT services and staff to match rapid business growth. Delivered ever-higher system automation levels to increase value of IT services and systems and foster integration of IT with overall organization. Equipped $30,000,000 building with full IT and telecom services on time and under budget. Achieved highest uptime and fewest incidents company-wide, increasing value and competitive advantage offered by IT toward overall company business development strategy.