Matt is a senior technology executive with proficiency leading large, complex cyber security and IT organizations. Cyber security leadership combines private sector experience protecting data in a highly regulated environment with public sector experience protecting some of the Nation’s most sensitive data. IT leadership spans all infrastructure domains and enterprise migration from on-prem to cloud hosting.
Matt has substantial experience leading enterprise security programs, with a focus on determining acceptable levels of risk, assessing the security posture of IT systems and services, driving transformational change in security programs to simultaneous reduce risk and enable the business, and leading complex incident response activities. Additionally, he provides his expertise to engagement teams in the Federal, Cyber, and Financial Services areas.Key Functions
– Leads KPMG’s cybersecurity program and first line of defense, including security assessment, penetration testing, compliance, awareness, engineering, monitoring, and incident response.
– Assesses IT systems for security risk, as well as compliance with relevant regulatory and professional standards.
– Develops and executes strategies for enhancing cybersecurity capabilities across the Firm.
– Engages with Client CxO leadership regarding KPMG’s cybersecurity and data protection capabilities; negotiates contractual topics related to cyber security with Clients.
– Works with Risk Management and Internal Audit to manage all technology risks across the Firm.