Joe Doetzl has more than 20 years of IT and Cyber Security experience. In his current role he has global responsibility for the Cyber Security of ABB Enterprise Software products and services. Joe has created and led cyber security and compliance programs for multiple electric utilities. He has audited multiple North American utilities for compliance to the NERC CIP standards. Throughout his career, he has been active in multiple regional and national forums dedicated to critical infrastructure protection, including:
- Critical Manufacturer Sector Coordinating Council
- FERC Order 706 Standards Drafting Team that created versions 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the NERC CIP standards.
- NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection Committee
- Southwest Power Pool Critical Infrastructure Protection Working Group
- North American Transmission Forum Security Practices Group