Chuck Brooks, President of Brooks Consulting International, is a globally recognized thought leader and subject matter expert Cybersecurity and Emerging Technologies.
Chuck is Adjunct Faculty at Georgetown University’s Graduate Applied Intelligence Program and the Graduate Cybersecurity Programs where he teaches courses on risk management, homeland security, and cybersecurity. He was an Adjunct Faculty Member at Johns Hopkins University where he taught a graduate course on homeland security for two years. Chuck has also served in senior executive roles for General Dynamics, Xerox, Rapiscan, SRA, and Sutherland.
Under President George W. Bush Chuck was appointed to The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as the first Legislative Director of The Science & Technology Directorate at the Department of Homeland Security. He also was appointed as Special Assistant to the Director of Voice of America under President Reagan. He served as a top Advisor to the late Senator Arlen Specter on Capitol Hill covering security and technology issues on Capitol Hill.
Chuck has an MA in International relations from the University of Chicago, a BA in Political Science from DePauw University, and a Certificate in International Law from The Hague Academy of International Law.
- “The Top 5 Tech People to Follow” by LinkedIn
- “10 Best Cyber Security and Technology Experts” in the world by Best Rated
- “Top 50 Global Influencer in Risk, Compliance” by Thompson Reuters
- “Best of The Word in Security” by CISO Platform
- “#2 Global Cybersecurity Influencer” by IFSEC
- One of the top Influencers for cybersecurity issues and in Risk management in the 2020 and 2021 Onalytica “Who’s Who in Cybersecurity”
- One of the Top 5 Executives to Follow on Cybersecurity by Executive Mosaic
- Top Leader in Cybersecurity and Emerging Technologies by Thinkers360
Professional industry affiliations include:
- Member of the August USA Chapter of EC-Council Global Advisory Board for TVM (Threat and Vulnerability Management)
- On the Global Advisory Board of the Control System Cyber Security Association International
- On the MIT Technology Review Advisory Global Panel
- Member of The AFCEA Cybersecurity Committee
- Member of the Electrical and Electronics Engineers IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Working Group.
- Advisory Board Member for the Quantum Security Alliance
- Member of the CyberAvengers
- Technology Partner Advisor to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Chairman of CompTIA’s New and Emerging Technology Committee
- Cybersecurity Expert for “The Network” at the Washington Post
- Visiting Editor at Homeland Security Today
- Expert for Executive Mosaic/GovCon
- Contributor to FORBES